(updated on 24 May 2018)
Before using this Website, please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13. If you are under 13, please do not register for any of our services or provide us any information about yourself (such as your name, email address or phone number).
Collection of Information
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form to subscribe to a newsletter or email list, register to receive information, fill out a contact form, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, provide a comment or feedback, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name and email address, postal address, phone number, preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide. If you provide an email address to invite a friend to participate in the Website, we will collect that email address and use it to send your friend such an invitation.
If you choose to correspond with us through email or the Website contact form, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online.
We use the information you provide directly to us to deliver the requested product and/or service, to improve our overall performance, and to provide you with offers, promotions, and information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We reserve the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. We reserve the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Social Sharing Features
The Website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Fulfill your service request for products or services
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Make offers to purchase products and services provided by third parties in exchange for a commission to be paid to us by such third parties. Should you opt to take part in such promotions, the third parties will receive your information
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
By accessing or using the Website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Email Addresses in MailChimp
MailChimp is the list service we use to send out emails containing blog posts, articles, inspirational insights, resources, and occasional offers or invitations to purchase products, sign up for programs, workshops and other events.
To join the list, you need to double opt-in which requires the following process:
1) enter an email address in the form on the Website,
2) click a box to give your consent to receiving educational and marketing emails from us
3) click a link in an email I send you, confirming that you want to receive our emails.
We never add anyone to an email list without consent.
We are committed to keeping your email address confidential. We do not sell, rent or lease subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third party except as allowed in the section below on Disclosing Your Information.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all emails sent from MailChimp will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender.
Disclosing Your Information
We do not sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any information collected automatically or through your voluntary action to third parties without your permission except as necessary including:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf and have agreed in writing to maintain such information in confidence.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- With your consent or at your direction.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our services.
You may opt out of receiving email updates from us by following the UNSUBSCRIBE instructions at the bottom of every email or by sending an email directly to email@example.com.
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- Right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- Right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- Right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
To the extent that you provided consent to the Website’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
How to Correct, Update or Delete Your Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personally identifiable information we store about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.
Name and Address of the Controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
40 ave Henri Isnard